Addressing a Race Discrimination Complaint (Managing Essentials™ Series)
New Just-In-Time Performance Management Tool! You have an employee who feels discriminated against at work based on their race. What do you do? There are five steps you can take to help the situation.
Learning Paths & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Effectively working with an employee who feels discriminated against at work based on their race.
- Using a step-by-step process to successfully engage and communicate the issue at hand.
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Training Files (1)
Racial discrimination is illegal. Ask the employee why they feel discriminated against. Don’t react with denials or arguments. Listen and accept what the person says as the way they feel. You may need a day or two to get the facts and talk to others - including legal counsel or Human Resources. Be open to the possibility of unconscious bias or the appearance of discrimination.