An Employee Who is Not Assertive Enough (Managing Essentials™ Series)
Coaching for Improved Performance
New Just-In-Time Performance Management Tool! You have an employee who’s not assertive enough. What do you do? There are four steps you can take to help the situation.
Learning Path & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to effectively work with an employee who’s not assertive enough.
- Using a step-by-step process to successfully engage and communicate the issue at hand.
- Audible Narration
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Training Files (1)
Open the conversation with positive reinforcement of the employee’s skill and work habits. Approach the subject of assertion by explaining that if the employee does not contribute their ideas or skills to the department, then the department is not operating at full strength. Explain that the employee was hired based on their expertise and that their opinions and ideas are sought by colleagues and management.