An Employee Who Lacks Necessary Job Skills (Managing Essentials™ Series)
Managing for Peak Performance
New Just-In-Time Performance Management Tool! You have an employee who lacks necessary job skills. What do you think? There are four steps you can take.
Learning Path & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to effectively work with an employee who lacks necessary job skills.
- Using a step-by-step process to successfully engage and communicate the issue at hand.
- Audible Narration
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Training Files (1)
State the problem in specific terms and make sure the employee clearly understands the performance expected. Be sure the employee agrees the lack of job skills is a problem. This is an important step before moving on. Discuss, agree on, and write down specific actions to be taken to solve the problem. Ask for a commitment to these goals. Offer training or special help. Then get a commitment to solving the problem.