An Employee Who Socializes Instead of Working (Managing Essentials™ Series)
Addressing Performance Issues
New Just-In-Time Performance Management Tool! You have an employee who spends too much time chatting with others instead of working. What do you do? There are specific steps you can take to help the situation while clearly setting organizational expectations.
Learning Path & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Effectively work with an employee who spends too much time chatting with others instead of working.
- Using a step-by-step process to successfully engage and communicate the issue at hand.
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Training Files (1)
Your employees are being paid to do the best job possible during work hours. Socializing interrupts their own work, and it also disrupts the work of other employees. As a manager, you need to clarify an employee’s role and expectations in your own mind, and then clearly and specifically relay those expectations to the employee.