An Employee Who Will Not Work Extra Hours (Managing Essentials™ Series)
Managing for Peak Performance
New Just-In-Time Performance Management Tool! You have an employee who won’t stay after hours or come in early when it’s needed. What do you do? There are four steps you can take to help the situation.
Learning Path & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to respectfully work through an employee's refusal to work extra time when needed.
- Using a step-by-step process to successfully engage and communicate the issue at hand.
- Audible Narration
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Training Files (1)
Let the employee know the problem with examples of how work was negatively affected when they weren’t available. Remind the employee the job occasionally requires some flexibility in hours. Ask the employee for their perspective. Listen for clues to how the problem might be solved with some creativity on both sides. Get agreement that the employee’s inability to meet your job requirements is a problem that needs solving.