Anger at a Lower-Than-Expected Raise (Managing Essentials™ Series)
Addressing Pay/Compensation Issues
New Just-In-Time Performance Management Tool! You have an employee complains to you that their raise was less than expected. What do you do? There are four steps you can take to help the situation.
Learning Path & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to effectively work with employee anger with a lower-than-expected raise.
- Using a step-by-step process to successfully engage and communicate the issue at hand.
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Training Files (1)
Here are a few tips! When you meet, get feedback from the employee. Seek to understand the employee’s perspective and really listen. Don’t discuss raises received by other employees.