Addressing a Religious Discrimination Complaint (Managing Essentials™ Series)
New Just-In-Time Performance Management Tool! You have an employee who feels discriminated against at work based on their religion. What do you do? There are five steps you can take to help the situation.
Learning Path & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to effectively work with an employee who feels discriminated against based on their religion.
- Using a step-by-step process to successfully engage and communicate the issue at hand.
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Training Files (1)
Religious discrimination is illegal. Ask the employee why they feel discriminated against. Don’t react with denials or arguments. Listen and accept what the person says as the way they feel. You may need a day or two to get the facts and talk to others - including legal counsel or Human Resources. Be open to the possibility of unconscious bias or the appearance of discrimination.
Explore the Program: Managing Essentials™