An Employee Who is Allowing Personal Problems to Affect Work (Managing Essentials™ Series)
Managing for Improved Performance
New Just-In-Time Performance Management Tool! You have an employee who is allowing personal problems to affect work on the job. What do you do? There are four steps you can take to help the situation while clearly setting organizational expectations.
Learning Path & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to effectively work with an employee who is allowing personal problems to affect work on the job.
- Using a step-by-step process to successfully engage and communicate the issue at hand.
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Training Files (1)
Tell the employee certain expectations are not being met and give specific examples. Ask for feedback on the employee’s perspective and listen. Express your sympathy and understanding and if necessary, suggest resources for help with the personal problem. Together, create an action plan to bring the employee’s performance up to expectations.