An Employee Who Makes Unacceptable Mistakes (Managing Essentials™ Series)
Coaching for Peak Performance
New Just-In-Time Performance Management Tool! You have an employee who makes unacceptable mistakes. What do you do? There are five steps you can take to help the situation.
Learning Path & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to effectively work with an employee who makes unacceptable mistakes.
- Using a step-by-step process to successfully engage and communicate the issue at hand.
- Audible Narration
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Training Files (1)
State the problem and back it up with specific examples. Explain the effect of the errors on the organization and the work of others. Ask for feedback to discover the reason for the mistakes and really listen. Does the employee lack certain job skills, not understand a procedure, or simply not know what’s expected? Get agreement the mistakes being made are a problem. If necessary, point out that failing to improve may result in probation.