Legal Briefs™ Family and Medical Leave Act
Understanding the FMLA
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) provides employees with health problems and family challenges the opportunity to deal with those issues without having to worry about the impact on their careers. Managers and organizations need to be aware of the purpose and benefits of the FMLA and make sure they are correctly communicating and interpreting the law to employees.
Learning Paths & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Managing Legal Risk
- Explain the importance of the FMLA to an organization.
- Define the purpose and benefits of the FMLA law.
- Identify the four most difficult issues managers face regarding FMLA.
- Identify three specific actions you can take to keep yourself and your organization out of court.
- Audible Narration
- Linear Navigation
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Inline Quiz
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Training Files (1)
The FMLA law and requirements can be complicated. This course provides a basic understanding of the FMLA. As a busy manager or supervisor, you should always get an expert involved whenever you deal with an FMLA issue.