My Story™ Understanding Racial Inequity (Interactive eLearning)
Discussing Racism and Racial Inequity
Racism is real. It can be subtle. Or blatant. Either way, it deeply impacts those who are the target of the racist act, statement or attitude. This powerful course will help learners gain a better understanding of “race-related incidents” through the eyes of those impacted - by hearing their personal stories and insights of their personal experiences. Each of us has a story. How will yours impact others?
Learning Path & Details
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
- Type: eLearning - Classics
- Audience: General
- Level: Foundational
- Seat Time: 30 Minutes
- Available As: Hosted eLearning, eLearning
Suggested Industry Usage
- Understanding Diversity
- Fostering Inclusion, Equity & Belonging
- We can choose to be a person that is more aware and sensitive to how explicit and implicit biases along with stereotypes can impact others.
- We can choose to be a person of respect and treat others as equals and interact with others to show they are a valuable part of the team and organization.
- We can choose to speak up directly or to our manager or HR and come along side of others to stop any inappropriate behavior.
- Audible Narration
- Linear Navigation
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
Training Files (1)
Racism runs counter to our beliefs in human rights. Some people hope that avoiding awareness and discussion of racial issues is the solution. Based on where we are right now, pretending not to know… just doesn’t work. For real change, we have to challenge some of our traditional ways of thinking. Not by calling people out but by calling people in. This includes having open and honest discussions across teams, with co-workers, managers, executives, board members and others!