TrainingBriefs® Discussing a Low Raise
Effectively Addressing Pay/Compensation Issues
Whoever said that managing others was easy? For instance, an employee complains to you that their raise was less than expected. You need to take time to address the issue. How do you work with an employee who is dealing with anger because of a lower-than-expected pay raise?
Learning Path & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to effectively work with employee anger with a lower-than-expected pay raise.
- Learn how to explain the basis for the pay raise decision and areas of opportunity.
- Audible Narration
- Linear Navigation
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Training Files (1)
Being a manager or supervisor is a fulfilling role. But as you know, there are times where you’ll need to tackle tough situations. When it comes to working with an employee who are disgruntled of a recent pay raise, or a lack thereof, you need to explain compensation criteria and be open and honest about future expectations.