TrainingBriefs® Embracing Other Cultures (Christmas)
Understanding Others (Culture & Holidays)
Understanding and embracing other cultures is a key part of creating an inclusive workplace free of bias and stereotypes. This course provides an overview of the Christian holiday – Christmas. Christmas is the holiday that many Christians associate with the birth of Jesus Christ. It’s a celebration that typically takes place on December 25th in many countries around the world, particularly in Christian communities.
Learning Path & Details
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
- Type: eLearning - TrainingBriefs®
- Audience: General
- Level: Foundational
- Seat Time: 6 Minutes
- Available As: Hosted eLearning, eLearning
Suggested Industry Usage
- Understand the importance of learning about other cultures (and holidays).
- Learn key facts (historical and cultural) about why Christmas is celebrated.
- Build your cultural competency and understanding about others.
- Audible Narration
- Linear Navigation
Training Files (1)
Christmas has both religious and secular roots, and is celebrated in a variety of ways, depending on the cultural and religious traditions of each community. In many Christian communities, Christmas is marked by religious services, such as Christmas Eve midnight Mass, carol singing, and the reading of the Nativity story. Celebrants also often exchange gifts, decorate their homes with lights, evergreens, and other festive decorations.