TrainingBriefs® Embracing Other Cultures (Ramadan)
Understanding Others (Culture & Holidays)
Understanding and embracing other cultures is a key part of creating an inclusive workplace free of bias and stereotypes. This course provides an overview of the Muslim holiday – Ramadan. Ramadan, one of the holiest months on the Islamic calendar, is observed by Muslims worldwide. It is a time for spiritual reflection, self-improvement, and devotion to God (Allah).
Learning Path & Details
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
- Type: eLearning - TrainingBriefs®
- Audience: General
- Level: Foundational
- Seat Time: 6 Minutes
- Available As: Hosted eLearning, eLearning
Suggested Industry Usage
- Understanding Diversity
- Fostering Inclusion, Equity & Belonging
- Understand the importance of learning about other cultures (and holidays).
- Learn key facts (historical and cultural) about why Ramadan is celebrated.
- Build your cultural competency and understanding about others.
- Audible Narration
- Linear Navigation
Training Files (1)
Ramadan is seen as a time for spiritual reflection and self-improvement. Muslims are encouraged to engage in acts of charity and kindness, as well as to seek forgiveness and to focus on improving their personal behavior and relationships.
The month is also a time for increased community and family gatherings, particularly during the evening meal, which is often a social event as well as a time for breaking the fast.