TrainingBriefs® Personal Problems at Work
Managing for Peak Performance
You’re aware an employee is having some personal problems and you feel they’re affecting their work. What do you do? This course provides the just-in-time information and tools needed to help a manager address the situation while maintaining a respectful workplace.
Learning Path & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to effectively work with an employee who is allowing personal problems to affect work on the job.
- Using a step-by-step process to successfully engage and communicate the issue at hand.
- Audible Narration
- Linear Navigation
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Training Files (1)
Trainer Comments: Tell the employee certain expectations are not being met and give specific examples. Ask for feedback on the employee’s perspective and listen. Express your sympathy and understanding and if necessary, suggest resources for help with the personal problem. Then get agreement.
Explore the Program: Managing Essentials™