I'll Let That Slide
Workplace Stereotypes and Biases
In the workplace, we need to be sensitive to how stereotypes can creep into our conversations and influence our actions. We also have a responsibility to speak up when we observe the kinds of statements in this scenario because, while often unintentional, they can easily lead to misunderstandings and reinforced stereotypes. Helping one another is an important part of creating and maintaining a respectful work environment.
Learning Path & Details
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
- Type: Video Vignettes
- Audience: General
- Available As: Download, USB, USB-2YR, USB-3YR
Suggested Industry Usage
- Understanding Diversity
- Fostering Inclusion, Equity & Belonging
- Understanding the negative impact of bias and stereotypes - on relationships, productivity and more!
- Learn that impact can outweigh intent. Sometimes we can be offensive without intending to be.
Training Files (9)
|Video Vignette||02:35 min||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||6 pages||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||2 pages||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||4 pages||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||3 pages||English||Demo|
Whether we like it or not, our culture has conditioned us to stereotypes and assumptions concerning others. Some are very blatant. We all generally recognize them for what they are—unfounded bias. Others are more subtle; some even take the form of cultural generalizations that have become acceptable.