Managing Essentials™ Disability Discrimination
Managing for Peak Performance
An employee comes to you and complains that she or he has been subject to disability discrimination. What do you do? This video scenario provides the just-in-time information and tools needed to help a manager address the situation while maintaining a respectful workplace.
Learning Path & Details
- Type: Video Vignettes
- Audience: Managers / Supervisors
- Available As: Download, USB, USB-2YR, USB-3YR
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Fostering Inclusion, Equity & Belonging
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to respectfully work through an employee's claim of disability-based discrimination.
- Visualize (by example) how to address common management issues in today's workplace.
Training Files (3)
|Video Vignette||03:01 min||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||3 pages||English||Demo|
|Additional Material||5 pages||English||Demo|
Ask the employee why they feel discriminated against. Don’t react with denials or arguments. Listen and accept what the person says as the way they feel. You may need a day or two to get the facts and talk to others - including legal counsel or Human Resources. Be open to the possibility of unconscious bias or the appearance of discrimination.