Managing Essentials™ Employee Doesn't Understand Expectations
Managing for Peak Performance
You have an employee who works hard but doesn’t get the results you want. You’ve discovered the problem is that the employee doesn’t understand what’s expected to do the job correctly. What do you do? This video scenario provides the just-in-time information and tools needed to help a manager address the situation while maintaining a respectful workplace.
Learning Path & Details
- Type: Video Vignettes
- Audience: Managers / Supervisors
- Available As: Download, USB, USB-2YR, USB-3YR
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to respectfully work through an employee who doesn't understand work expectations.
- Visualize (by example) how to address common management issues in today's workplace.
Training Files (3)
|Video Vignette||03:45 min||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||4 pages||English||Demo|
|Additional Material||5 pages||English||Demo|
Apologize to the employee if information or job assignments were not clearly relayed. Clarify the situation, make sure the employee now understands what is expected, and ask what they need to do the task correctly, for example, more training, more resources, access to data reports, etc. Make sure the employee now clearly understands his or her duties and get a commitment that those duties will be fulfilled.