Managing Essentials™ Excessive Socializing
Managing for Peak Performance
You have an employee who spends too much time chatting with others instead of working. The employee is being paid to do the best job possible during work hours. What do you do? This video scenario provides the just-in-time information and tools needed to help a manager address the situation while maintaining a respectful workplace.
Learning Path & Details
- Type: Video Vignettes
- Audience: Managers / Supervisors
- Available As: Download, USB, USB-2YR, USB-3YR
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to respectfully work through an employee who is excessively socializing while on the job.
- Visualize (by example) how to address common management issues in today's workplace.
Training Files (3)
|Video Vignette||02:57 min||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||4 pages||English||Demo|
|Additional Material||5 pages||English||Demo|
Socializing interrupts their own work, and it also disrupts the work of other employees. As a manager, you need to clarify an employee’s role and expectations in your own mind, and then clearly and specifically relay those expectations to the employee.