Managing Essentials™ Frequently Absent
Managing for Peak Performance
You have an employee who’s missed too many work days. How much absenteeism is tolerated depends on your organization’s policy. What do you do? This video scenario provides the just-in-time information and tools needed to help a manager address the situation while maintaining a respectful workplace.
Learning Path & Details
- Type: Video Vignettes
- Audience: Managers / Supervisors
- Available As: Download, USB, USB-2YR, USB-3YR
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to respectfully work through an employee's absenteeism.
- Visualize (by example) how to address common management issues in today's workplace.
Training Files (3)
|Video Vignette||03:45 min||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||4 pages||English||Demo|
|Additional Material||5 pages||English||Demo|
Explain how the employee’s absenteeism not only affects their job performance, but also how it impacts fellow employees. For instance, if the employee is absent, they cannot respond to questions or requests by colleagues, cannot attend unscheduled but important meetings, misses out on project development decisions or updates, etc. Also, remind the employee that when hired, they committed to a required amount of work time per day and per week. If the employee is not meeting that expectation, then they are not delivering on the work agreement.