Managing Essentials™ Harmful Gossip
Managing for Peak Performance
You have a problem with an employee who gossips and spreads rumors which have been detrimental to some working relationships. What do you do? This video scenario provides the just-in-time information and tools needed to help a manager address the situation while maintaining a respectful workplace.
Learning Path & Details
- Type: Video Vignettes
- Audience: Managers / Supervisors
- Available As: Download, USB, USB-2YR, USB-3YR
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to respectfully work through an employee's engagement in harmful workplace gossip.
- Visualize (by example) how to address common management issues in today's workplace.
Training Files (3)
|Video Vignette||02:44 min||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||3 pages||English||Demo|
|Additional Material||5 pages||English||Demo|
If the employee denies he or she gossips with coworkers, give specific examples of the behavior as you have observed it. Ask the employee to agree that the situation is a problem that needs to be resolved. Be sure the employee understands what is expected and what will happen if the behavior does not stop.