Managing Essentials™ Low Raise, Really?
Addressing Pay/Compensation Issues
You have an employee complains to you that their raise was less than expected. What do you do? This video scenario provides the just-in-time information and tools needed to help a manager address the situation while maintaining a respectful workplace.
Learning Path & Details
- Type: Video Vignettes
- Audience: Managers / Supervisors
- Available As: Download, USB, USB-2YR, USB-3YR
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to respectfully work through an employee's complaint about a lower than expected raise.
- Visualize (by example) how to address common management issues in today's workplace.
Training Files (3)
|Video Vignette||02:30 min||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||3 pages||English||Demo|
|Additional Material||4 pages||English||Demo|
You need to take time to address the problem. Pay and compensation issues can fester if not tackled effectively. Arrange to discuss it with the employee in a private area where you won’t be interrupted. When you meet, get feedback from the employee. Seek to understand the employee’s perspective and really listen. Don’t discuss raises received by other employees