Managing Essentials™ Substance Abuse
Addressing Substance Abuse
You believe an employee is abusing alcohol or drugs. What do you do? This video scenario provides the just-in-time information and tools needed to help a manager address the situation while maintaining a respectful workplace.
Learning Path & Details
- Type: Video Vignettes
- Audience: Managers / Supervisors
- Available As: Download, USB, USB-2YR, USB-3YR
Suggested Industry Usage
- Ensuring Professional and Compliant Behavior
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to respectfully work through an employee who might have a substance abuse problem.
- Visualize (by example) how to address common management issues in today's workplace.
Training Files (3)
|Video Vignette||03:11 min||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||4 pages||English||Demo|
|Additional Material||5 pages||English||Demo|
If you have proof, or if the employee could endanger others, you report it to upper management or human resources immediately and take appropriate action. But if you’re dealing with suspected abuse, you should proceed carefully.