Managing Essentials™ Termination Due To Poor Performance
You have to fire someone for poor performance and you want to make it as painless as possible for the employee and for you. What do you do? This video scenario provides the just-in-time information and tools needed to help a manager address the situation while maintaining a respectful workplace.
Learning Path & Details
- Type: Video Vignettes
- Audience: Managers / Supervisors
- Available As: Download, USB, USB-2YR, USB-3YR
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to respectfully work through an employee's termination due to poor performance.
- Visualize (by example) how to address common management issues in today's workplace.
Training Files (3)
|Video Vignette||02:30 min||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||3 pages||English||Demo|
|Additional Material||5 pages||English||Demo|
You should have on file any written documentation of the employee’s performance that has led to this termination, for instance, poor performance appraisals, written warnings, daily incident logs, etc. For the termination meeting, you should have all necessary paperwork from your human resources department, such as any severance agreements, pension and/or benefits information, job placement services provided by the organization, etc.