PREVAIL!® for Elementary Schools
Armed/Violent Intruder Training for Elementary Schools
As an administrator, teacher or staff member… others look to you for help… especially in times of need. One of the times you may be asked to lead is when the unthinkable happens. It may help you to think of preparing for an armed intruder event in the same way that you prepare your staff or students for a fire, an earthquake or tornado. By taking a few minutes to train for one of these events, you know what to do in the very unlikely event that it actually happens. The exact same thing holds true when preparing for an armed intruder event.
Learning Paths & Details
- Managing Legal Risk
- Describe the 3-OUT approach to prevailing against a threat.
- Understand various tactics to help you in each OUT situation.
- Choose the best of the 3-OUT approach to use in any given situation.
- Understand why natural reactions to threats often prevent successful action.
- Identify the “true” first responders in active shooter or intruder situations.
- Understand the types and importance of lock downs.
Training Files (9)
|Full Video||08:39 min||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||16 pages||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||49 pages||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||17 pages||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||28 pages||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||11 pages||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||9 pages||English||Demo|
This video portrays a realistic situation in an elementary school. You’ll see an armed intruder, weapons, injuries… and fear in each character as they do correct things… and some incorrect ones… when in an active shooter situation.
An armed intruder situation is something few of us have prepared for. And it’s that lack of preparation that raises anxiety… and fear.
Training INCREASES our ability to take appropriate action. It gives us a greater sense of preparedness, which will help with anxiety and stress levels - especially during an intruder situation. It helps us PREVAIL!