PREVAIL!® The 3-OUT Approach for Schools
Prevailing Against an Armed Intruder
Being prepared for an armed or violent intruder in your school begins with… accepting the reality that today’s world demands us to be ready for the unexpected. AND… changing the way YOU see your environment. This awareness will allow you to “what if” think and this provides mental preparation and planning to an event that has not happened. We say “the body can’t go where the brain has never been.” This program is intended to help save lives.
Learning Paths & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Keeping a Safe Workplace
- Managing Legal Risk
- Describe the 3-OUT approach to prevailing against a threat.
- Understand various tactics to help you in each OUT situation.
- Choose the best of the 3-OUT approach to use in any given situation.
- Understand why natural reactions to threats often prevent successful action.
- Identify the “true” first responders in armed or violent intruder situations.
- Understand the types and importance of lock downs.
Training Files (2)
The PREVAIL! 3-OUT approach is designed to help your school administrators, staff and students better respond in violent situations involving an armed threat.
This module covers the principles & techniques of the “3-OUT” approach (GET OUT | LOCK OUT | TAKE OUT).