The Future of Work™ Generations in the Workplace
Understanding & Leading Across Generations
Each generation brings its own unique work styles and expectations to the workplace, based on common experiences many of them share. Generational influences - like parenting styles, the pandemic, war, the economy, global impacts, popular culture and other defining moments or events - contribute to generational characteristics that are brought into the workplace. To have an inclusive workplace, you have to be intentional and willing to listen to others, gain perspectives, and make adjustments, with the ultimate goal of staying connected… across generations.
Learning Paths & Details
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
- Type: Off-The-Shelf Video Program (ILT)
- Audience: General
- Available As: Download, USB, USB-2YR, USB-3YR, eLearning
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Developing High-Performing Work Habits
- Understanding Diversity
- Fostering Inclusion, Equity & Belonging
- Identify defining characteristics of the four main generations in the workforce.
- Recognize issues and situations that may be influenced by generational differences.
- Apply practical tips for working successfully in a multi-generational workplace.
- Use the M.E.E.T.® model to communicate effectively and maintain a respect-filled workplace.
Training Files (91)
|Full Video||30:02 min||English||Demo|
|Video Introduction||03:03 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||04:33 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||03:08 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||03:32 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||03:36 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||03:40 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||03:38 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||03:39 min||English||Demo|
|Video Summary||00:59 min||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||26 pages||English||Demo|
Generational differences can be positive. We each bring our experiences and our different perspectives and that can make for a richer, more productive workplace. M.E.E.T.® is a tool that makes a positive impact. It helps us communicate, learn, and work together more effectively.
We need to make time to discuss a situation. We have to explore differences, so we understand the situation before we act. We need to encourage and maintain respect. And we have to take personal responsibility to find the common ground so we can address the situation or solve the problem and move forward, together.
This powerful program addresses several situations that push the boundaries of maintaining an inclusive and respectful workplace. These include:
- Outdated Leadership Styles
- Rapid Pace/Change of Workplace Technology
- Inappropriate Use of Names/Terminology
- The Speed of Workplace Change
- Mental Health & Well-being (Work-Life Balance)
- Meeting/Team Expectations