The goals and objectives of PREVAIL!™ provide workplace leadership, management, security and front line personnel with information and strategies on recognizing and responding to the dynamic challenges and issues of violent incidents within the workplace.
PREVAIL! is a completely new approach to armed intruder/active shooter training. Trainees start with a dramatic video of an armed intruder situation. The PREVAIL! package then uses follow-up training modules to focus on key training moments found throughout dramatic video.
PREVAIL! will provide employees with the skills necessary to assess and strategically respond to a threat.
This program is designed for ALL managers, supervisors and employees within your organization. An active shooter event can happen anywhere. Training and preparation for the entire organization is a key to prevailing in such an event.
Here are a few key points that differentiate PREVAIL! from other active shooter program and models:
- The PREVAIL! 3-OUT model is proactive, not reactive.
- PREVAIL! increases capability while decreasing anxiety. The 3-OUT model is easy to remember. Easy to implement after a training session.
- The PREVAIL! 3-OUT model is not linear; it’s principle-based (if/then). Your OUT depends on your location to the threat. And My OUT is not always Your OUT.
- PREVAIL! teaches about the issue of normalcy bias – and how our body needs to get past sight – and trust other inputs. PREVAIL! does NOT reinforce natural instincts (instincts are not the highest level of human performance).
- PREVAIL! changes your mindset – from just surviving to prevailing! Surviving is defensive; prevailing is about taking action.
- The PREVAIL! model focuses on gross motor skills vs. fine motor skills. In a stressful event, fine motor skills are typically the first thing that goes.
- The PREVAIL! 3-OUT model is easy to remember!