Embedding Video into PowerPoint
Step-by-step instructions for embedding video into PowerPoint 2003 and an instruction link for embedding video into PowerPoint 2007.
Embedding video into PowerPoint 2003
- Go into TAG and save the video file(s) to your desktop or a folder of your choice
- In PPT 2003, go to View > Toolbars > Control Toolbox
- Click on "More Controls" (the hammer and wrench icon at the bottom right hand corner)
- Scroll down to Windows Media Player
- Draw a box in the PPT screen that is as big as you want the viewer to be
- Right click in the media player box and select "Properties"
- Double click on the empty cell next to "Custom"
- Browse for your video (your video will be where you saved it in step 1 above)
- Review the "Playback Options" and select if you want the video to "Auto Start", "Stretch to fit" or "Play full screen"
- Click "Okay"
- IMPORTANT: To view the video, review must be in slideshow mode. In slide show mode, you will be able to use the play the video with controls (rewinds, fast forward, sound, etc.)
- NOTE: If you are emailing this for review, you may change the .ppt extension to .pps, and this will send the file in slideshow mode.
Embedding video into PowerPoint 2007