PREVAIL!® Armed Intruder Preparedness & Response Training (Advantage Plus - Manager)
Armed Intruder / Active Shooter Preparedness & Response Training
Since the 1980’s, workplace violence has been recognized as a leading cause of occupational injury and mortality. Violence on the job manifests itself in many forms; from emotional abuse to bullying to assault and even homicide. PREVAIL!® will help you - the manager/supervisor - better respond in violent situations involving an armed threat. The goals & objectives of this course provide you with information and strategies on recognizing and responding to the dynamic challenges and issues of violent incidents within the workplace.
Learning Path & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing High-Performing Work Habits
- Keeping a Safe Workplace
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Identify risk factors and pre-cursors in behaviors that contribute to armed intruder/active shooter attacks.
- Empower your team by preparing them and keeping the 3-OUT actions top of mind
- Understand why natural reactions to threats often prevent successful action
- Identify the “true” first responders in active shooter or intruder situations
- Better understand why active shooters commit these terrible acts
- Identify warning signs of escalating behavior toward violence
- Describe the 3-OUT approach to prevailing against a threat
- Choose the best of the 3-OUT approach to use in any given situation.
- Audible Narration
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Inline Quiz
- Game Component
- Case Studies
- Downloadable Policy
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Training Files (1)
It may help you to think of preparing for an armed intruder event in the same way that you prepare your team for a fire, an earthquake or tornado. By taking a few minutes to train your team for one of these events, you help them know what to do in the very unlikely event that it actually happens. The exact same thing holds true when preparing for an armed intruder event.