It's the Law™: The Legal Side of Management (eLearning Advantage)
Managing Legal Risk
Managers have a lot on their plate these days. They are expected to hire the right people for the job, coach and motivate their employees, anticipate problems before they occur, and get their own workloads completed on time and within budget. If this seems like a lot to focus on, it’s not all. We also need them to keep themselves and the organization out of court. Managers and supervisors make decisions every day that impact the lives of the people throughout the organization. They have an obligation to make sure those decisions don’t result in a lawsuit. This is a lot of responsibility for managers. It’s the Law™ can help them put the legalities of management into perspective and keep the organization out of the courtroom.
Learning Paths & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Managing Legal Risk
- Understand and practice lawful policies and procedures (e.g., FMLA, ADA, harassment prevention, retaliation, etc.).
- Act with fairness, consistency and respect.
- Document important decisions and actions.
- Interviewing and hiring using effective (and legal) techniques.
- Audible Narration
- Linear Navigation
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Inline Quiz
Training Files (1)
Turn managers into a front line defense against costly litigation! Use with all managers and supervisors to keep them fully aware of the legal responsibilities they have related to employment laws. Ensure they are aware of the following basic legal implications as they make daily decisions:
- Employment discrimination – equal employment opportunity; protected groups; base decisions on job relevance and objective criteria.
- Sexual harassment – no gender-related decisions; quid pro quo; hostile environment.
- Interviewing – behavioral-based interviewing; careful selection of questions; clear communication.