Employee Suspected of Substance Abuse (Managing Essentials™ Series)
Addressing Substance Abuse
New Just-In-Time Performance Management Tool! You're a manager or supervisor and suspect one of your employees has a drinking problem - but you don't have definite proof. What do you do? This interactive resource walks you through the situation. Step-by-step dialogue and resources help ensure you tackle the tough situation effectively and correctly.
Learning Path & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Managing Legal Risk
- Understand how to effectively work with employee suspected of substance abuse.
- Using a step-by-step process to successfully engage and communicate the issue at hand.
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Training Files (1)
You believe an employee is abusing alcohol or drugs. If you have proof, or if the employee could endanger others, you report it to upper management or human resources immediately and take appropriate action. But if you’re dealing with suspected abuse, you should proceed carefully.
Explore the Program: Managing Essentials™