Training Briefs® A Little Motivation
Motivating Your Employees/Staff
You have an employee who seems disinterested, apathetic, or just isn’t putting forth the effort. What do you do? This course provides the just-in-time information and tools needed to help a manager address the situation while maintaining a respectful workplace.
Learning Path & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to effectively work with an employee who needs motivation.
- Using a step-by-step process to successfully engage and communicate the issue at hand.
- Audible Narration
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Training Files (1)
This type of behavior could impact the entire team. So, tell the employee why their lack of motivation is a problem. Give job-related examples that point this out. Remember, most employees are motivated by a challenge, learning new things, accomplishment, doing work they enjoy, and getting recognition. Those are motivators you can act on to make the job more interesting. Ask questions and listen to discover what work the employee enjoys and feels challenged doing. This is the key step and may take some time.