TrainingBriefs® Addressing Substance Abuse
Substance Abuse in the Workplace
Being a manager or supervisor is a fulfilling role. But as you know, there are times where you’ll need to tackle tough situations. When it comes to working with an employee who is suspected of substance abuse, you must remember to proceed carefully. You need to clarify the employee’s role and expectations in your own mind, and then clearly and specifically relay those expectations to the employee.
Learning Path & Details
- Type: eLearning - TrainingBriefs®
- Audience: Managers / Supervisors
- Level: Intermediate
- Seat Time: 7 Minutes
- Available As: Hosted eLearning, eLearning
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Managing Legal Risk
- Professional and Compliant Behavior
- Understand how to effectively work with an employee suspected of substance abuse.
- Using a step-by-step process to successfully engage and communicate the issue at hand.
- Audible Narration
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Downloadable Job Aid
- Downloadable FAQ
Training Files (1)
You believe an employee is abusing alcohol or drugs. If you have proof, or if the employee could endanger others, you report it to upper management or human resources immediately and take appropriate action. But if you’re dealing with suspected abuse, you should proceed carefully.