Using Video Vignettes
By design, video vignettes can be used to support a variety of training needs. Use the following list of sample questions as a starting point to create a set of relevant discussion questions for your particular application.
- Who are the main characters?
- What is their relationship to each other?
- What diversity dynamics exist between the people in the scene?
- What communication challenges exist?
- What communication process should we use to help us remain positive?
- What communication process should we use to build trust and buy in?
- If you were [character name], how might you approach this situation?
- What policies or procedures within our organization need to be supported in this situation?
- What are the implications or consequences of not taking action to resolve this conflict?
- If not addressed, how might this situation escalate?
- What is the opportunity here?
- How is this situation relevant within our team/department/organization?
- If you were [character name], what could you do to reinforce our commitment to diversity?
- What are the leadership/diversity/legal/ethical/relationship/procedural implications?
- If you were [character name], what are three things you could do to improve the situation?
- What are the benefits to you, our team and the organization if we could all handle this type of situation quickly/efficiently/effectively/with respect for each other?
- What action is now necessary?