Winter Driving™ - Become a Good Winter Driver
Winter Driving Skills
Winter driving is at best frustrating, and at worst, dangerous. In difficult weather it can take all your driving ability just to keep your vehicle on the road. In order to safely handle your vehicle in winter weather, you must be able to: assess road conditions, predict how your vehicle will react and know what action to take to keep it under control.
Learning Path & Details
- Workplace Safety
- Type: Off-The-Shelf Safety Video Program (ILT)
- Audience: General
- Available As: Download, USB, USB-2YR, USB-3YR
Suggested Industry Usage
- Keeping a Safe Workplace
- This program will teach you what you need to know to become a good winter driver.
- We will demonstrate certain principles of physics, and how they explain the actions a vehicle takes.
- We will familiarize you with the danger zones; those parts of the highway that offer the greatest driving challenge in winter conditions.
- You will learn basic techniques to maintain control of your vehicle; and to correct a loss of control situation if one occurs.
- And finally we will discuss points of vehicle inspection to ensure your vehicle is properly prepared for winter driving.
Training Files (17)
|Full Video||18:45 min||English||Demo|
|Video Introduction||01:22 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||01:03 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||01:47 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||00:54 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||00:32 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||01:35 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||01:17 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||00:44 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||01:28 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||01:26 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||00:37 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||01:32 min||English||Demo|
|Video Vignette||02:22 min||English||Demo|
|Video Summary||01:13 min||English||Demo|
|Certificate of Completion||1 page||English||Demo|
In order to safely handle a vehicle in winter weather, drivers must be able to assess road conditions, predict how the vehicle will react in different situations and conditions, and know what actions to take to keep it under control.