TrainingBriefs® Humor Gone Wrong
Joking Around at Work (Using Stereotypes)
New Micro-Learning! We all like to have fun at work. But playing off stereotypes - even when it's intended as "just a joke" - isn't everybody's idea of fun. It could be seen as ridicule, which nobody likes. And if it happens a lot, it could create a hostile environment, which nobody wants.
Learning Path & Details
- Ethics & Compliance
- Type: eLearning - TrainingBriefs®
- Audience: General
- Level: Foundational
- Seat Time: 4 Minutes
- Available As: Hosted eLearning, eLearning
Suggested Industry Usage
- Creating a Collaborative Environment
- Ensuring Professional and Compliant Behavior
- Understand what manner of joking could be seen as ridicule.
- Learn what we need as managers to help employees understand when their behavior is out of line before there's a complaint.
- Audible Narration
- Linear Navigation
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
Training Files (1)
This course takes a look at how horseplay and jokes, even when they’re intended as “just having a little fun,” can contribute to a disrespectful and hostile working environment. If this type of behavior goes uncorrected, it could lead to serious trouble for you and the organization.