TrainingBriefs® The Boys Club
New Micro-Learning! Bias refers to negative or positive assumptions usually applied to groups of people. Bias can be persistent, harmful and/or unequal treatment of an individual based on a characteristic they possess or beliefs about a group with which they are identified. When we think about other people, we need to be aware of how bias may come into play. This is particularly true when the same behavior is seen as positive or negative depending upon if the person is a man or a woman.
Learning Path & Details
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
- Type: eLearning - TrainingBriefs®
- Audience: General
- Level: Foundational
- Seat Time: 5 Minutes
- Available As: Hosted eLearning, eLearning
Suggested Industry Usage
- Understanding Diversity
- Fostering Inclusion, Equity & Belonging
- Understand the impact of a single word and how some biases can be expressed.
- Learn how a few words can change how someone else is perceived and respected in the workplace.
- Audible Narration
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
Training Files (1)
Bias can come into play in just about anything… including individual people, groups of people, companies, sports teams, and even the kinds of ice cream that we think are the “best.” As we think about how to put this awareness into action, let’s watch the words we use to describe others and strive to be fair and equitable in our descriptions. The consequences for not… are just too costly!