TrainingBriefs® Understanding Exclusive Behaviors
The Impact of Excluding Others
New Micro-Learning! Exclusive behaviors in the workplace are any behaviors that make an employee feel like they are not a part of the group in which they belong. Examples of such behavior include greeting co-workers inconsistently; leaving people out of meetings, discussions, and activities... and more!
Learning Path & Details
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Belonging
- Type: eLearning - TrainingBriefs®
- Audience: General
- Level: Foundational
- Seat Time: 7 Minutes
- Available As: Hosted eLearning, eLearning
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Critical Work Skills
- Understanding Diversity
- Fostering Inclusion, Equity & Belonging
- Define exclusive behavior.
- Understand how to deal with exclusive behavior.
- Audible Narration
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
Training Files (1)
A sense of belonging is a natural, basic need. If we're going to make people feel respected and included, then we've got to pay attention to the things that most often get in the way.