TrainingBriefs® Termination Due to Downsizing
Tackling the Tough Managment Issues
We all dread it. It's one of the toughest responsibilities of a manager/leader. You must terminate an employee because your organization is downsizing. How well you do depends a lot on your preparation. So… what do you do?
Learning Path & Details
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Learn to stay in control and deal with arguments telling an employee that the decision to terminate has been made.
- Understand that you should be prepared before notifying an employee that their position has been terminated.
- Audible Narration
- Linear Navigation
- Integrated Video
- Interactions and Activities
- Downloadable Job Aid
Training Files (1)
Being a manager or supervisor is a fulfilling role. But as you know, there are times where you’ll need to tackle tough situations. One of the most difficult things you’ll ever have to do as a manager is let an employee go due to company downsizing. This is an especially tough situation because these could be loyal and productive employees who have done nothing wrong; there may be no performance or behavior issues – they are being let go to reduce the company’s overall costs.