Managing Essentials™ Termination Due To Downsizing
Tackling Tough Workplace Issues
You have to let someone go because your organization is downsizing and you want to make it as painless as possible for the employee and for you. What do you do? This video scenario provides the just-in-time information and tools needed to help a manager address the situation while maintaining a respectful workplace.
Learning Path & Details
- Type: Video Vignettes
- Audience: Managers / Supervisors
- Available As: Download, USB, USB-2YR, USB-3YR
Suggested Industry Usage
- Developing Core Leadership Skills
- Leading and Managing for Peak Performance
- Understand how to respectfully work through an employee's termination due to downsizing.
- Visualize (by example) how to address common management issues in today's workplace.
Training Files (3)
|Video Vignette||04:13 min||English||Demo|
|Workshop Material||4 pages||English||Demo|
|Additional Material||5 pages||English||Demo|
How well you prepare will determine how well the meeting goes. Preparation should include a written blueprint of how the meeting should go - what you will say, possible reactions from the employee, and what rebuttals will be given. Practicing your prepared plan will help you keep on track if the situation gets emotional. You should also be prepared with any paperwork from your human resources department concerning severance agreements, pension and/or benefits information, and what placement services are available from the organization, etc.